Statement of Member Rights
Healthcare Highways is committed to preserving and respecting member rights. Below is our statement recognizing member rights and protections. We expect our Network providers; including individual practitioners, to support and act in accordance with these rights.
- Members have the right to receive accurate, easily understood information about Healthcare Highways, the services we provide, the providers in our networks, the rights of members and Healthcare Highways Network providers, and how to contact us regarding concerns about Healthcare Highways services.
- Members have the right to be treated with respect and recognition of their dignity and the right to privacy. This right includes protecting the confidentiality of medical and other personal information. It also includes members’ rights to review their medical and personal information on file at Healthcare Highways, as required by applicable state and federal law.
- Members have the right to communicate with providers in making decisions about their healthcare without interference from Healthcare Highways.
- Members have the right to register complaints about Healthcare Highways, our services, determinations, or the care provided by a Healthcare Highways Network provider. This includes the right to have complaints addressed in a timely manner through formal procedures appropriate to the nature of the complaint.
- Members have the right to a choice of healthcare providers from the Healthcare Highways Network, consistent with the terms of their health benefit plans and applicable state and federal law.
- Members have the right to receive healthcare services without discrimination. Healthcare Highways Network providers are precluded by contract from differentiating or discriminating against members in the provision of healthcare services due to certain member characteristics, and are required to render such services to all members in the same manner, in accordance with the same standards, and with the same availability as offered to the Network provider’s other patients.
- Healthcare Highways uses its best efforts to assure that all members are afforded these rights. If you feel that your rights as a member have not been met, you may voice your concern through the Healthcare Highways complaint resolution process. The complaint resolution process is the formal mechanism by which Healthcare Highways addresses members’ concerns about their health care from our Network providers.
To begin the complaint resolution process, kindly document the complaint in writing and send it to:
6300 Fallwater Trail, Suite 120
The Colony, Texas 75056
Attn: Corporate Quality Management